Excellent salary and benefits
5 months ago
Travel Consultants with GDS skills– we have the most amazing opportunity for you!
We’re recruiting for a Touring Consultant for a fantastic client who specialise in delivering the travel arrangements for bands on tour. We’re looking for a natural negotiator and a self motivated travel consultant who can multi- task!
The role of Touring Consultant involves the booking of travel arrangements for some of the most prestigious names in the music industry. This is a role for those who enjoy their specialist knowledge of the travel sector being appreciated and valued by both management and clients. Your main duties will be liaising with hotels, airlines, Tour Managers and PA’s to put together an itinerary of travel for upcoming tours. You may have months to arrange it, you may have weeks – that’s why your travel expertise is so valuable in this ever changing industry.
The person we’re looking to speak to will have:
- Strong GDS skills- Galileo or Amadeus preferred, Sabre also considered
- Excellent airline fares knowledge
- Good project management skills – tours are all mini “projects” and you will be required to see it through from start to end
- An understanding of group ticketing/fares
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills- Word/Excel
- The ability to work full time, Monday-Friday with some variation on shift times.
You’ll also need in abundance; patience, humour, a solid work ethic and amazing communication skills! A full job spec is available on request.
In return you’ll be working for a dedicated, global travel company who specialise in the entertainment industry. This is a strong career move and offers a great opportunity to do something different. You won’t find a company more dedicated to serving their clients in the best way they can.
- Excellent financial package
- Full management support and constant development of your skills
- Flexibility and understanding
- Work nights out, meals, trips away and gig tickets!
We’d like to hear from you if you think you match the above skill set on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can chat through the role and company in much more detail, allowing you to see for yourself what an amazing opportunity this is!