Excellent depending on experience
8 months ago
If you’re a Travel Consultant who is motivated by a busy and exciting job PLUS has a passion for the music industry, we have a fantastic opportunity available! Our client is based in the Shoreditch area of London and is looking for a Travel Consultant who is driven by providing exceptional service and has the utmost attention to detail.
This role involves booking the travel for largely DJ’s and production staff as they travel the world performing in venues ranging in size. You’ll be a key contact for the client handling all requests for flights, hotels, car hire, limos- whatever they need!
As a Travel Consultant working within this niche market, your days will be busy taking calls, answering emails and putting together itineraries based on your clients requests. You’ll be:
- Booking all mean of travel on the GDS system (Galileo)
- Negotiating group rates with airlines and hotels if necessary
- Offering alternatives to your client when their preferred choice or airline or hotel isnt available or within budget
- Working quickly and efficiently within a team of travel consultants
- Taking full end-to-end responsibility for your bookings including ticketing and re-issuing
- Working on an “out of hours” rota every 6 weeks by having the emergency phone after work and at the weekend
We’re looking for someone very special who wants to work in a specialised sector of the travel industry. You’ll enjoy numerous benefits including a generous salary, additional pay for covering the emergency phone over a bank holiday, a fantastic working environment and of course the option to attend gigs and hotel dinners!
To be considered for this position we’re looking for the following on your CV:
- A background in either business or tailor made/leisure travel
- A GDS- ideally Galileo but Sabre or Amadeus would be considered
- Great fares knowledge
- Ticketing and re-issuing experience preferred
- Able to work Monday -Friday, 10am-6pm as your core hours
- Happy to be part of the out of hours roster
We look forward to telling you more about this fantastic independent company and how they manage the complex travel requirements for such an interesting client base!