Competitive plus benefits
over 1 year ago
Summer is approaching and you may be that Travel Consultant looking to add an extra bounce to your step! We’re on the lookout for a GDS trained (Sabre, Galileo or Amadeus) travel consultant who’d like to be part of booking travel for a fast paced and award winning media and entertainment account.
This isn’t a role for the faint hearted - we are looking for Travel Consultants who are passionate about what they do and can truly thrive in a busy environment where they will be involved in so much more just booking travel. A keen interest in TV and media will ensure you really understand just how important your role is in ensuring the travel for the production of TV shows is seamless! Arranging the travel for the media sector involves:
- Booking all aspects of travel including flights, hotels,
- Booking to UK or worldwide destinations for both groups and individual passengers
- Being part of a much bigger picture - you will work in conjunction with a Travel Manager to understand the requirements for each show you are assigned to, research and negotiate with suppliers as well as managing budgets and timescales
- Take an active role in the end-to-end management of production travel by: researching, quoting, booking and confirming, contracting, rooming lists and invoicing
- Identifying cost savings and commissionable rate opportunities whilst negotiating the rates and terms to ensure the best options are provided
It’s a fantastic opportunity to work in an exciting, buzzing atmosphere where you really will feel like you are part of a project all the time.
- Experience as a Travel Consultant who can use Sabre (preferred), Galileo or Amadeus to a confident level
- Excellent UK and European destination knowledge
- Proven experience of being able to work well with suppliers
- Negotiating skills
- Excellent listening skills and attention to detail
- A keen interest in the media/tv sector
Please note, by applying to this job vacancy, you agree that Urbanberry Recruitment Ltd can hold your personal information on our secure database for the sole purpose of helping you with future employment.
We will NEVER pass your details to 3rd parties without your express permission. You have the right to request for your details to be removed at any time, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will action immediately.