Entry level, competitive
over 1 year ago
Are you a Leisure Travel Consultant looking to make that break in to Business Travel? Do you have an interest in the Groups and Events side of travel and think you would enjoy working on mini projects?
We are recruiting for a Junior Groups and Events Consultant to work for our client based in London and be part of their Groups and Events team. This is an amazing opportunity to really upskill yourself, groups and events is an interesting and varied niche sector of the travel industry and takes someone who loves to be organised, enjoys building relationships with suppliers and can think outside of the box!
The role of Junior Groups Consultant will involve the following daily duties:
- Taking client briefs in order to be able to work towards the specified criteria
- Finding venues for your groups both in the UK and abroad that suit your client, putting together proposals and budgets. Providing alternatives where necessary
- Working on multiple projects at any one time
- Working on Excel Micro
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Meetings, Incentives, Conference and Events (MICE) department by assisting wherever is required
- Becoming thoroughly involved with the Groups and Events department learning all aspects of event management
- Attending client events and site inspections where necessary
Make no mistake, this is a role which could kickstart your career in the Events Sector! You’ll be offered training and development throughout your career with this independent travel company and your drive and ambition will not go unnoticed!
We’re looking for our Junior Groups and Events Consultant to have:
- A Leisure Travel, Hotel or Junior Business Travel Consultant background
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong experience on Excel
- Some experience on a GDS system would be an advantage
- The ability to work full time, Monday- Friday in a central London location
Please do get in contact with Emma or Caroline for more information as we’d be delighted to talk you through this role!