Great basic salary + benefits
4 months ago
We’re looking for a Sabre trained Leisure Travel Consultant who is looking to take a walk on the other side straight in to Business Travel!
Our client is a widely recognised and large Travel Management Company in great location in the city area of London. You’ll be working in modern, open plan offices in a Junior Business Travel Consultant position which utilises your skill set and GDS knowledge.
The position of Junior Business Travel Consultant will involve handling the travel arrangements for corporate clients, using your specialist knowledge to create itineraries that are both adhering to the clients travel policy and continuing to be profitable for your company.
On a daily basis your duties as a Junior Business Travel Consultant will include:
- Booking hotels (UK, Europe and Worldwide) for corporate clients
- Researching and booking low cost flight options via the internet or travel industry software
- Arranging car hire, rail travel and other ancillary products
- Working alongside the Senior Business Travel Consultants supporting them in their daily duties
- Being open to learning new skills including booking short and long haul scheduled flights, specialist fare knowledge and ticketing
This is a Monday - Friday position with standard office hours (there may be some slight shift variation). There are NO weekends, NO hard targets and NO sales calls!
We’re looking for a Travel Consultant who can demonstrate the following and is keen to move in to Business Travel:
- Experience using Sabre GDS system
- Travel industry experience - from either a retail or tailor made background
- A confident and enthusiastic manner with a keen drive to learn new skills
- Able to communicate well both over the phone, face to face and via email
We look forward to receiving your CV, if you match what we’re looking for we will give you a call to discuss the role in more detail!