Excellent salary and benefits
about 1 year ago
We’re pleased to be recruiting for an IT Support Consultant role within the interesting Business Travel sector. Our client is responsible for booking the travel arrangements for corporate companies and is a rapidly expanding, global organisation, looking for an enthusiastic and “keen to learn” IT Support Consultant to join their team.
Providing IT Support to internal system users, this is a role in which you’ll be the first point of contact, providing both 1st and 2nd level support for in-house applications, Windows and various other IT systems. Ideal for someone from an IT background within a medium sized business (circa 150 users), you’ll be given the opportunity to develop your skill set by being involved in IT projects alongside your day to day duties.
The role of IT Support Consultant will include (but is not limited to):
- Providing 1st and 2nd level support for users within the organisation, escalating issues to external providers when necessary
- Support to remote offices with some travel required occasionally to regional offices
- Taking full responsibility of issues, seeing them through to resolution
- Learning and working with specific travel related systems
- Working alongside the IT Manager and other members of the team to achieve the smooth running of the IT Department
- Assisting with the planning and maintaining of our IT strategy
- Developing tools and processes to automate tasks where applicable
- Maintaining full software and hardware asset registers
- Installation and support of hardware and operational support of applications
- Supporting backup, archiving and recovery of data
We’re looking for an IT Support Consultant who can not only bring their knowledge and expertise to the role but who is also looking for an established company to join and develop their career with.
This is a Monday- Friday role with 2 shift patterns of 8.30am – 5.30pm & 9.00am - 6.00pm. There may be odd occasion when you are needed to work later or at a weekend and the role requires a degree of physicality - moving computers and hardware etc.
To be considered for this role please do send in your CV! Please note we are unable to get back personally to all applications so make sure yours matches a good proportion of the criteria below:
- Experience with desktop and server environments with the following systems: Windows 10, 7, MS Office systems and various Windows Server versions (2k8, 2k12)
- Knowledge of Antiviruses, malware detection and prevention
- Exchange 2013 experience mainly administration and troubleshooting of mailboxes, connectivity, etc
- Understanding and troubleshooting of networking technologies and be able to troubleshoot Lan & Wan environments
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and other networking concepts
- Network patching & cabling
- Experience in Network Security and concepts
- Experience with SQL databases and web services such as IIS
- Basic understanding of VOIP concepts and experience in telephony preferably Mitel
- Excellent written and communication skills