Great salary plus commission opportunities
12 months ago
We're delighted to be recruiting for a Travel Consultant who has knowledge of the groups market to work for a fantastic company based near Gatwick Airport. This is a role in which the successful Travel Consultant will be required to support the existing team in their daily duties book largely group flights for a range of corporate clients.
Working within a small team your knowledge and expertise in the Business Travel sector will be invaluable and you'll find yourself in a busy and interesting role that differs from the standard "Business Travel Consultant" position.
On a daily basis the Travel Consultant will be responsible for:
- Working within the travel division booking group scheduled and charter flights with ad hoc hotels and individual bookings
- Working on Excel spreadsheets, liaising with clients on a daily basis to acheive desired travel plans within budget
- Increasing number of "active" clients by using your business acumen to spot opportunities for developing business and researching existing database to create new sales leads
- Learning how to ticket flights, read airline contracts and rules
- Meeting with clients face to face
- Being able and willing to be part of a rota for "emergency out of hours calls"
There are some fabulous perks to this Travel Consultant position which result in loyal and happy staff:
- 23 days holiday + Bank holidays, increasing to 25 days after 2 years service and 28 days after 4 years
- Free parking on site
- Discounted train fares for rail commuters and a free shuttle pass from the airport
- Free fruit/biscuits/tea/coffee in the office
- £400 a year contribution towards gym memberships or other keeping fit activity of your choice
- Time off in lieu for hours worked additional to Mon-Fri 09:00 -5:30
- Excellent pension scheme and the option to join a private medical scheme
We're looking for someone with Business Travel experience who's looking for a different path in their career. GDS experience is essential but it can be Amadeus, Sabre or Galileo and we'd like to see excellent attention to detail in your CV application.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for further details on this amazing vacancy !!