over 1 year ago
Group Flights Consultant
We are recruiting for a Group Flights Consultant to join our forward-thinking, pro-active and rapidly expanding client in Buckinghamshire. If your heart lies in the Events industry and you have a comprehensive understanding of groups and events (particularly within a Travel Management Company) then this could be an ideal career move for you.
This specialist meetings, incentives, conference and events management company pride themselves on delivering bespoke experiences across the globe. Your knowledge and expertise in this sector will mean you join a team of like minded event managers in a bid to create the most competitive proposals and continue to represent the strong company ethos.
The role of Group Flight Consultant Manager will include Working with the Event Managers to book flights for a variety of events throughout the world, assisting with all air requirements and providing excellent customer service at all times:
• Booking flights for groups of passengers and groups of individual passengers
• Offering a variety of flight options, ensuring that all fare rules, regulations and conditions fully detailed
• Ticketing group and individual flight reservations, ensuring accurate information is recorded
• Managing any cancellations, amendments and reissues
• Negotiating with all relevant suppliers including airlines and other transportation companies
• Ensuring client service level agreements are met and achieved
• Assisting with accommodation bookings
• Assisting with Events as and when required
We’re looking for an Group Flights Consultant who has experience of the below:
• Working knowledge of a GDS would be an advantage
• Comprehensive understanding of groups and events
• Up to date fares knowledge
• Good relationship building skills
• Good negotiating skills
• Excellent supplier knowledge
• Advance computer literacy including Sabre, Excel, Outlook, Word
• Effective time management
• Effective communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills
• Able to work under pressure and meet targets.
This role comes with a highly competitive starting salary, pension and health care schemes, complimentary parking and the opportunity to be part of an independent Events business going from strength to strength!
Please send your CV to Caroline or Emma on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange to give you a call back when convenient. ** Please note we DO NOT send your CV to any clients without discussing full details with you beforehand **