Competitive plus benefits
over 1 year ago
We have a fantastic opportunity for those with a second language of either French, Dutch or German to join a wonderful travel team working from an office in Manchester!
We’re looking for a Business Travel Consultant to join our globally recognised client in the heart of Manchester. Working within a team of Business Travel Consultants you’ll be confident at booking flights on a GDS system and have fluency in both English and EITHER Dutch, French or German.
The role of a Business Travel Consultant is so much more than just booking flights. We want a Travel Consultant who is prepared to really stand out by offering amazing service to every single client no matter how big or small the enquiry.
On a daily basis the successful Business Travel Consultant will be:
Booking all means of travel including flights, hotels, car hire, rail etc for corporate clients
- Using both English and French/Dutch/German to liaise with clients over the phone and via email
- Be proactive in suggesting alternatives for your client where the first choice isn’t available or there are more economical ways to complete the journey
- Being commercially aware at all times and remembering to check all special deals/fares that might be in place
- Making changes to booked itineraries and calculating costs
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to move in to business travel from a leisure or even an airline reservations background. It’s a Monday to Friday role and you’ll be joining a company who truly invest in their people, allowing you to reach your full potential in this ever changing industry.
We’d love to hear from you to be considered for this role if you have:
- Fluency in both written and verbal English PLUS French, Dutch or German
- A good knowledge of airline fares and booking classes
- Experience working on a GDS - Sabre, Galileo, Amadeus or Worldspan
- Excellent air reservations experience
- A calm, professional and welcoming telephone manner
We look forward to helping you secure your bright future with an excellent opportunity in corporate travel!