over 1 year ago
Urbanberry Recruitment are excited to be assisting one of our most interesting and forward thinking clients in looking for an Events Executive to work on a brand new division within the company.
The position of Events Executive is one that will suit a dynamic and motivated Events Consultant / Event Manager. You’ll be the face of the Events department which is launching within this Travel Management Company who currently look after the business travel needs of their corporate clients. Working initially with existing clients to understand and handle their meetings and events needs, your aim will be to drive this division forward with the full support of the management team and a wider partnership network.
As an Events Executive, we’re looking for a visionary person who wants to work in a position which is truly their own to develop. Regular duties will involve:
- Building strong relationships with existing clients to secure their meetings and events business
- Handling all aspects of the event from initial enquiry through to venue sourcing/securing and making all travel arrangements (including flights)
- Working closely with suppliers- airlines, hotels, venues
- Being visible to clients, visiting venues, attending meetings and events seminars etc
- Onsite event management if required
- Assisting the business travel team with corporate travel bookings on an adhoc basis if required to
- Being comfortable and confident to source intimate and unique venues as well as being skilled enough to handle larger scale events (in conjunction with network partners)
- Working closely with the Business Travel Manager to source, drive and implement new business within the company
We’re not looking for someone who wants a position in which they blend in to the background. We want an Events Executive who is passionate about this industry, can bring their experience and knowledge of Meetings and Events to a travel company who has the resources in place to be able to grow and develop an exciting new division.
If you think this sounds like the kind of role you’d be interested in finding out more about, please do send your CV for consideration and Emma or Caroline will get back to you if you match our clients brief:
- An Event Management background - either from a Travel Management Company or an Events Management company.
- A self starter, keen to put their experience and knowledge in to a position that they can truly call their own
- Excellent communication skills- both written and verbal
- Flight booking/GDS would be an advantage but not essential
- Able to work Monday -Friday, 09:00 -17:30 as your core hours. There may be an occasion where you are required to work outside of these hours, events depending
- Able to work in a location not easily accessed by public transport
We look forward to hearing from you and being able to tell you more about this fantastic opportunity!