Highly competitive + benefits
11 months ago
As the Autumn approaches you may be that Travel Consultant looking to add an extra bounce to your step! We’re on the lookout for a GDS trained (Sabre, Galileo or Amadeus) travel consultant who’d like to be part of booking travel for a fast paced and award winning media and entertainment account.
This isn’t a role for the faint hearted - we are looking for Travel Consultants who are passionate about what they do and can truly thrive in a busy environment where they will be involved in so much more just booking travel. A keen interest in TV and media will ensure you really understand just how important your role is in ensuring the travel for the production of TV shows is seamless! Arranging the travel for the media sector involves:
- Booking all aspects of travel including hotels and flights (predominantly hotels)
- Booking to UK or worldwide destinations for both groups and individual passengers
- Being part of a much bigger picture - you will work in conjunction with a Travel Manager to understand the requirements for each show you are assigned to, research and negotiate with suppliers as well as managing budgets and timescales
- Take an active role in the end-to-end management of production travel by: researching, quoting, booking and confirming, contracting, rooming lists and invoicing
- Identifying cost savings and commissionable rate opportunities whilst negotiating the rates and terms to ensure the best options are provided
It’s a fantastic opportunity to work in an exciting, buzzing atmosphere where you really will feel like you are part of a project all the time.
- Experience as a Travel Consultant who can use Sabre (preferred), Galileo or Amadeus to a confident level
- Strong hotel or events knowledge (venue sourcing/hotel reservations etc)
- Excellent UK and European destination knowledge
- Proven experience of being able to work well with suppliers
- Negotiating skills
- Excellent listening skills and attention to detail
- A keen interest in the media/tv sector
Please get in touch for further information or send your CV for consideration!